home beginners cvs publix walgreens grocery deals restaurants publicity

Monday, March 9, 2009

Frugal Pasta Dish

We are going to try something new for our readers. Each week I am going to try to put a new recipe up that correlates to items that were on sale this week (or even past weeks.) The deal is I need you the readers to help me or the magic will not happen.

Here is Danielle's Pasta Dish. She mentioned it is wonderful hot, but is also great as a cold pasta salad the next day. Two frugal ingredients are definitely the pasta and canned tomatoes (if you coupon as long as I have, and that is not long) you have a shelf devoted to Muir Glen Organic Diced Tomatoes.)

Pasta Dish/Salad

2 cans of diced tomatoes (you can drain them or leave the juice in- I like it drained better)
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves or 1 tbsp dried basil
2 Tbsp. chopped red onions (I left this out once and it was still great)
1/2 cup Italian Dressing (I used my homemade balsamic dressing)
1/4 cup Grated Parmesan or Romano Cheese
1 lb. pasta, cooked, drained

Cook pasta, drain and then mix with all ingredients in large bowl.

*I think peppers or olives would also be a great addition.

Thanks, Danielle!



No comments: