home beginners cvs publix walgreens grocery deals restaurants publicity

Monday, March 30, 2009

Taco Salad

I felt it was necessary to submit another recipe this week since both tacos, tomatoes, and lettuce is on sale this week at Publix. This is one of my favorite recipes and I had been craving it for about two weeks now, so the sale items are rather exciting to me. I already have meat (that is frozen), Catalina dressing and cheese - all of which were bought from the last sale on each. Thus I need to buy nothing for this recipe except for this week's sale items (Tacos, tomatoes and lettuce.)
.
Enjoy!
.
Taco Salad
.
Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef
1 envelope taco seasoning mix-will be in the box kit
lettuce
4 sliced scallions-I skip these but they are very cheap
3-4 diced fresh tomatoes
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Fritos - instead I am buying the hard shell kit and breaking those up
Catalina salad dressing - I prefer fat free because there is enough flavor from the meat and cheese
.
Directions
1) Brown ground beef in a skillet, drain fat, add taco seasoning mix and prepare as directed on package. Set aside.
2) In a large salad bowl combine: cut lettuce, sliced scallions, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese, seasoned ground beef, corn chips, and salad dressing.
3) Toss gently and serve immediately in tortilla bowls
Note: If you mix it all in individual portions you can keep the left over ingredients for the next day's lunch. You can also serve this in taco shell bowls!

No comments: